02 May 2012

Sir Hiss

Welcome to our home.

Not really!

I about freaked out; no, actually I did freak out when I came around the corner and saw this not-so-little guy.

Just ask Ty and Kiersten.

I yelled and screamed for them to come.

They claimed they came immediately. At least that's what they said. If they did, it sure seemed like they took a gazillion minutes.

What freaked me out the most is not that he was on my driveway but that I probably scared him out when I took the weed eater to the mass of weeds on that side of the house. Ewww. Gives me the chills to even think that I could have stepped on him. Or even worse that Alex might have found him.

Our first instinct was to take the sledge hammer to him. Good thing we didn't because he's a Great Basin Gopher Snake and I really don't mind if he helps rid my yard of those pests.

Erik missed seeing him by nine minutes. Dang bus. He was pretty bummed. But we got pictures for him. Tyler guesstimates that he was about four feet long.
 Mice. Snakes. Wondering now if the spiders will be back.

On a completely different tangent: These two are going to have their own little critter sometime in October. I couldn't be happier for two people who waited so long to find each other and will be the most awesome parents because they are awesome people.



1 comment:

ellisgomez said...

The snakes welcome you to Lake POint... it's just their way of saying HELLO! Good thing you have thick skin and like the feel of wide open spaces :)