29 April 2012

Sick . . . of not feeling good

Dear body of mine,

I know I probably don't appreciate all the times when you are healthy, but I'm ready to start feeling myself again. I'm tired of my guts aching, feeling like I'm going to cough up my lungs, and my voice sounding like a man. I want my energy back and I'd really like to start running again. As much as I relish mid-afternoon naps, I would like to feel like I don't need one EVERY day.

That's not too much to ask, is it?

I'm supposed to be training for my second half marathon coming up in eight weeks.

But my body is just not cooperating.

I will be gone for ten days the beginning of June, eating my little heart out on a cruise ship, and really want to peak my miles before I leave so when I get back I hopefully wouldn't have to push myself.

Two weeks ago I ran 8.3 miles and was feeling great.

Then the following week I felt like I was experiencing menopause where I would get really hot and then I would be freezing (I'm too young, right?). This was the week where we had record heat temperatures and I had the heater going full blast in the van. My poor little soccer players didn't really appreciate that.

I slept a lot.

I lot some pounds.

Yeah!

My body was nice and let me run three miles one day this past week before shutting down again with a sore throat and hacking cough.

I missed a fun run on Saturday with my sisters, but Nate represented me well.
This week has got to be better. I need it to be.

No comments: