23 May 2012

One May-niac month - Alex

I don't know why the last two weeks of May always seem to catch me by surprise. I seem to forget all the programs, concerts, awards assemblies, field days, field trips, birthdays, and birthday parties that fill it all up. And this year Amber and Aaron decided to visit all the way from Canada. Our cute little Amber is going to have a baby in a couple of months so a baby shower was thrown into all the mix.

Instead of documenting one lengthy post about what we've ALL been up to, I think I'll give each family member their own time in the spotlight.

Today I'll start with Alex or Al as we like to call him. He's learning more and more words every day. He's learning the difference between horsies and cows when we're in the car and is quick to point out the choo choos (I can't even begin to dictate how he pronounces that) and airplanes when we're outside. It seems there's always a word or two that we have a hard time figuring out what he's saying. His latest one is "sheesh" as he's looking at the ceiling. We can only guess that it must be the ceiling fan. I thought it might be for the sound it makes but we haven't even turned it on this season.

He really dislikes any sort of conflict. If there's fighting or even rough housing going on around him, he gets all agitated and starts crying. He might be a good solution to the squabbles that occur every now and then since everyone likes to keep Alex happy.

He loves to help around the house, whether it's putting dishes away, throwing diapers in the trash, or scrubbing toilets. He's also becoming an escape artist. I came home from a morning run to find Alex on the front step with the newspaper in hand and yelling, "Hi Mom!" (which he tells me about 50 times a day). I inquired within whether anyone had sent him outside and no one had. I've taken to deadbolting the doors now.

And he's found his singing voice. Most nights he sings himself to sleep and in church he loves to belt out the songs. It can be quite distracting but it's terribly cute. Hopefully everyone around us thinks so too.

Most people think he looks an awful lot like Nate and here's the proof: Same boots; different boys.



 

2 comments:

Linda said...

Oh man, he is so cute. I doubt anyone would be bothered by his cute singing.

mommaquincy said...

He is so grown up! What a cutie!