29 May 2012

One May-niac month - Ty & Missy

How did we spend our May?

Field trips, reports, birthdays, birthday parties, a baby shower, planting, drip irrigation, half marathon running, and just trying to get over this cough that has gripped my body.

It's progressed to where I've coughed so much and so hard that I'm pretty sure I've bruised some ribs. The right side of my back hurts anytime I cough or sneeze. Ibuprofen has become my best friend (I was lucky enough to find that "extra strength" stuff they gave me after Alex was born). My knee is pretty much back to normal. I believe it was taken hostage by the same inflammation that I've got in my lungs. I've been able to take up running again and even tweaked out 11.5 miles today. Also after a week of not being able to taste or smell, it came back. Life it good. And I am SO ready for our Alaskan vacation. But man, it sure is a lot of work getting ready it.

I came across this article that pretty much summed up everything I've been feeling lately.

Tyler's been working on getting our splash pad and gas fire pit done. We tried the fire pit out tonight by roasting hot dogs. He had a business trip to Las Vegas where he lost some money . . . to the Nevada highway patrol. I've always thought he had somewhat of a lead foot.

I hate that I dread the month of May, but it really is kind of a nutty month for our family.

No comments: