17 April 2011

A Friday night date with the mom

I took these three on date.

We picked up pictures from Sears. We shopped at the scout shop and dropped a whole lot of cash (Wowzers! That place is expensive. I'm still keeping my eye out for a tan scout shirt, perhaps at DI, so I can take back the one I bought for Erik.). We rode trax to Gateway and looked around the Planetarium. As we were walking out, Nate smelled french fries. So I treated them to McDonald's fries, and then we headed for Temple Square. Our real date hadn't even started.

When my kids were young, one of my mom goals was to expose my kids to some culture, i.e., music, drama. Josh Wright, a classical pianist, was performing at the Assembly Hall and it was FREE. So I didn't ask; I just told them they were coming with me. Unfortunately the age limit was 8 years and up so Ashlyn couldn't be a part of our little entourage.


Here's what ensued while we waited.







Kiersten told me afterwards how much she enjoyed it.
The boys not so much.
They were all pretty amazed that the Assembly Hall was so old and wasn't about to fall down anytime soon.
All three got a kick out of the sloped benches, the pioneer's idea of stadium seating.
Kiersten thought we should have added stained-glass windows somewhere in our home.
I thought I should have fancied my face up a little with some makeup. After all I was on a date. Oh well. Some days just go that way.
Nate definitely decided that Josh Wright practices way more than 20 minutes a day.

It was a fantastic evening with three of my favorite people.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Missy,

You are such an inspiration to me.