02 April 2011

90 Days Closer to Christ - Day 1 and 2

Oooh, I am so excited for this challenge. In case you haven't figured that out by now I love challenges that get me reading the Book of Mormon. In 2007 I made a goal to read the Book of Mormon every year and so far I've kept it thanks to all the little challenges that come my way.

Our Relief Society started this particular challenge and I accepted to read the ponder the Book of Mormon every day and then I April fooled myself yesterday and totally forgot. I know it will be a huge benefit to me at this particular time in my life. I'll just admit it right here; I have been lousy with my scripture reading since our move. I read snippets here and there mostly while I wait at the bus stop with Ashlyn. But that's not the studying I really desire (did you hear President Oaks talk today?).

DAY 1
Scripture study: 1 Nephi 1-3
Mark and ponder : 1 Nephi 3:7
Scripture thought of the day: D& C 8:2
Thought of the day: "It is the right and privilege of every man, woman, and child who has reached the years of accountablility to enjoy the spirit of revelation, and be possessed of the spirit of inspiration in the discharge of their duties to members of the church." -Joseph Smith

DAY 2
Scripture study: 1 Nephi: 4-7
Mark and ponder : 1 Nephi 4:14
Scripture thought of the day: Hebrew 11:1
Thought of the day: "It isn't the Lord who withholds himself from us. It is we who withhold ourselves from him because of our failure to keep his commandments. -Harold B. Lee

No comments: