31 March 2018

Spring break

This week has been just what I needed. A break from normalcy.

Several years ago for spring break, Tyler was unable to come with us when we hiked Calf Creek Falls. So we decided to go back and take him.

I've got to say this trip was much easier. There was no hauling a child on my back while hiking through an ocean of sand. Alex made the entire 6 mile trip by himself. And while it was snowing at home, we were enjoying beautiful, sunny weather.
There is something about Grandma and Grandpa's house that is magical. I suggested doing several things for the break, but when I mentioned Ferron, the discussion ended.

Erik repaid their hospitality by cleaning the windows. Yea. He wasn't too thrilled with me snapping photos.


I hired him to clean my own when we got home, and Ash also got in on the action. I sure do love me some spring-clean windows.

I got to work in my yard: mowing and weeding and planting peas and lettuce. Ash and I painted my end tables and beans poles. When I put my bean poles up I realized that the yellow in conjunction with the turquoise pea sign were the exact colors of Kiersten's wedding. It was a sign! We are hosting an open house.


I took Erik to a foot doctor to ensure his self-diagnosed bunion have an actual doctor-certified diagnosis. And yep. Sure thing. That's what he's got. Not on one foot but on two. The doctor was slightly mystified that no one in our family has one. They hardly ever see teenagers and even rarely see male teenagers. He won't need surgery thank goodness, but they did send him home with some orthotics they custom made to his feet that he is required to wear regularly. Bunions aren't hereditary but his pronation is which is what has caused the bunions.

And then Good Friday really was a good Friday. Tyler had an initial interview with CUNA Mutual Group for a position we've been waiting to open up for 18 months. He's also interviewed for a different position with Wells Fargo. In my prayers I just tell the Lord that we are in need of better employment to afford the many good things happening in our lives right now. He knows what lies ahead and which position will be best for us. I'm just hoping that either of these will work out. While he was interviewing, I took my growing family to the Jordan River open house.

It was fun to see the sealing room where Tyler and I were sealed many years ago, and for Kiersten and Jason to envision themselves kneeling across that altar in a few short months.

Kiersten told me that Jason's parents were also married in the Jordan River Temple and that this temple was hers and Jason's first choice. However, when they called to reserve a day and time, the temple told them they weren't sure they would be open and operating by the end of June. So they went with option B: Payson. I even managed to get a picture of them in front of that particular temple. Ha, ha. Actually a picture of the Payson temple.


Later it was a Jazz game for me and Tyler.


Only 38 days, 7.5 weeks, left of school. For me the countdown has begun with so many things happening in this short period of time.

No comments: