28 March 2018

Birthdays

I took the day off for my birthday and went walking with several friends in the morning. I've missed that. Ash somehow found out I was going to lunch with Grandma and my sisters and connived her dad into pulling her out of school to come with. We picked up Kiersten on the way and ended up running into my cousin from Idaho at our lunch place. What are the odds!

I only wanted new running shoes that I was desperately in need of and ended up finding a brand new pair of my favorite on Ebay for $30 cheaper than I've spent in the past. I needed cheap.

And Erik and his notes never cease to make me laugh.

Ash had a birthday soon after that made me a mom of four teenagers. Oh what a fun time of life. Her friend Claire has crazy art skills, and she has a crazy sense of style. Shirt came from Kiersten; pants for DI; and socks from Erik.

I again pulled her out of school to take her wedding dress shopping with Kiersten and friends. I brought my ugly veil along not realizing that the rental includes it. She tried it on anyway.


I'm relieved to have that little part done.


Twenty-one years ago this exact month I was doing the same thing . . . trying on dresses. I never envisioned that I would be my mom one day.




Jason's parents came over for dinner and we discussed all the little intricacies of pulling this wedding together. So much to do! I pray every night that I can manage and that we can do it cheaply. Or that the Lord will send miracles in the way of better employment that will help pay for our crazy expensive summer coming up.

No comments: