04 March 2018

Book Battle

It's a new school so I was glad to see them implementing some ideas from our old school, namely the Book Battle. The Book Battle is a quiz game where kids have to answer questions about books they read. Only 12 compete across the entire grade, so students have to take a test to qualify. Alex made it. Originally I was told the time was 9:15 so I planned to take a half day off. But then a note came home with a new time of 2:15. I had to leave just 15 minutes early to make it. Another tender mercy from the Lord in the past couple of months.

When I got there Alex had already answered a few and was on a roll.

The second and third round he didn't do as well. But they must have scored it across all three rounds because he was awarded first place, something none of his other siblings have managed to do.

Later that day at home as I was going through his backpack, I discovered a note from a former classmate. Oh how I laughed and laughed. My little guy is becoming a man.