22 April 2018

First wedding shower

I'm really not sure where April has secreted itself, at least according to this blog. I need to make one entry to ensure that it doesn't disappear entirely.

I started a reading class that is scheduled to last 5 weeks, and because of its shortness, my time has been eaten up in the monstrosity of assignments. I knew it would be intense. As of tomorrow I'm halfway done. There is a mote of light at the end of this month-long tunnel.

I'm also adding to my ever-growing list of things to replace when its feasibly possible. My mixer died a fourth death and this time I'm burying it for good. I've fixed it three times in the past but this last time I knew would be it. It was a good mixer, but I need something that can withstand the amount of dough I make. Our push mower is also dying a slow death. It's hard to start and coughs and sputters around the yard as one wheel fights to not fall off.

The Ellis clan was kind enough to throw a joint wedding shower for Kiersten and her "twousin" Naomi (who is really her first cousin once removed). Who would have thought they'd get to experience such a grand life experience together. This photo is old but was the first one I thought of with these two.




They did it on the same day as a big party for Grandma and Grandpa Ellis 70th wedding anniversary. Imagine having that many descendants and that isn't even everyone. What a remarkable life those two have led.

Erik and Nate are in the thick of tennis matches. Oh how I love to watch, especially when they are on the same court at the same time. That sure makes it nice and convenient. Yesterday was a tournament in Ogden where Alex and I enjoyed the day soaking up the sun with little thought of what I should be doing instead. Alex likes the matches just as much as me, although I suspect he really enjoys the attention he gets from the other boys. During one match they all played  Stump Alex on March Madness trivia. He stunned them all with his knowledge of college basketball teams.

Erik has submitted mission papers to the bishop and is just needing interviews before the final submission.


How life just keeps marching on.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! Double celebration! My bridal shower and my brother’s graduation party was also on the same day. It was in one of the finest NYC venues. It was wonderful coming across this post. Congratulations to both of them. This made me nostalgic, I feel so good now.