28 February 2018

Mission papers

We've started mission papers for Erik.

This summer is going to be exciting and full of good things.

Basketball is coming to an end and tennis is starting just as winter decided to rear its ugly head. In two weeks we've had several good snowstorms which were much needed, but not wanted.

I'm two months into school. One more to go with these two classes. Out of the two, I've really enjoyed my classroom management one. I'm not too fond of the one about lesson planning and assessments. I am beginning to wonder if teachers spend more of their time planning than actually delivering the content. Maybe I'll get better and quicker at it, but right now it seems like a lot of time spent prepping.

I took the girls home to Ferron for a girls weekend. I noticed in my mom's bedroom that she still has this ceramic duck I made her when I was 10 or 11, over 30 years ago. I've given her permission several times to throw it away, but she can't because of the memories. I'm afraid I didn't inherit her sentimentality.


Nate is registered to take the ACT for the first time. I've had Kiersten and Erik take it early as a way to get a benchmark. Turns out both did fairly well that first time. We'll see how Nate does. At least this will give him time to improve is he needs to.

No comments: