01 May 2020

Nothing New and Deland Wings

**His letters are getting shorter during this quarantine period.

APRIL 20
Well nothing significant really happened this week. We were going to have a lesson with Barbara and set a baptismal date, but she canceled our lessons because she was sick all week. We'll try again this week. 

Cabin fever is a real thing. Our other goal this week is to spend time outside every day. We may go play tennis one day. That'll be fun. 

Anyway, that's all for me. I hope all of you are doing well and staying safe. I'll update you next week. 

APRIL 27
 Again this week, not much to report. When I got to this area two weeks ago we were only teaching one person, who has been sick. We hope she'll be OK. It's been so hard to do anything productive because we can't teach people until we find people to teach, and we can't find people to teach effectively without being outside talking to them. We've been spending a lot of time making an area Facebook page and posting things and commenting on it. We're hoping that eventually we will start finding people to teach from it. For now though, we don't have a lot to do as far as missionary work goes. We are starting to do come, follow me with the members here, so maybe we will get some referrals out of doing that. 

This week we took a trip to downtown Deland and walked around. It was fun. There's a really cool painting called the Deland Wings that's a popular spot to come take pictures at. I got a couple fun pictures. That was probably the highlight of the week. 


The artist described these wings as the wings of angels. I love this scripture talking about how God will always be with us and send angels to help us in our times of need.

Doctrine and Covenants 84:88 "And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up."

No comments: