29 May 2020

Good to be back

This was my first week back in Deltona after having to stay in Deland for about 3 weeks. It's nice to actually live in the area that you cover. And I have a companion that covers the same area as me again. Things are normalizing. 

My new companion is awesome. His name is Elder Duarte. He's from Brazil and he is hilarious. Actually he thinks my mannerisms are funny, so he'll just be looking at me and start laughing out loud because I do something funny, then I start laughing because he's laughing, and then we just laugh for a bit and can't stop. It's been fun. Or maybe we're just going crazy. I'm not sure.

We are meeting as many members as we can. That's been super good and we've been able to meet lots of cool people. As far as teaching goes though we are still struggling. We aren't sure how to teach people over the phone if they won't answer their phone. 

This week was also my birthday. I'm no longer a teenager which is crazy. We had a district party and ate Tijuana Flats, which is a super good Mexican restaurant chain similar to Chipotle that I absolutely love. I also got some goodies from my mom and a puzzle from my grandma. Thank you guys so much! But by far the best part of my birthday was that my sister had her baby the same day. So now I'm an uncle and I share a birthday with my nephew! Greatest present ever. 

So yeah this week was pretty great. I also used a crock pot for my first time. Not sure why it took me so long to learn to use one. It was so easy and it was delicious. 

Alright I'm out of things to say. Have a good week! 

No comments: