17 February 2019

Sometimes life comes full circle

Be kind to everyone because you just never know when they may enter your life again.

I don't know if it's small town coincidences or what, but people tend to pop up in my life years later.

Last spring I started applying for teaching jobs. Towards the end of one interview, I mentioned I grew up in the little town of Ferron. One of the people sitting in on my interview was Beverly Bunderson who coincidentally was from Emery, a town 15 miles south of Ferron and even smaller. We were in the same stake and I went to school with some of her kids (I didn't remember right off and had to go home and look them up in the yearbook. Thank heavens for yearbooks.)

She and I chatted and she mentioned her son Brad married a Kori LeRoy from Huntington, another small town to the north. I should also mention that all these small towns filter into one high school, Emery High School.

Kori and I share the same birthday. And how do I know that? Well, when I was a senior and she was a sophomore, the seminary had what was called missionary week. They put all the seminary students into companionships and you actually stayed over at people's homes for several days. They do not do that anymore and for good reason. Missionary week in 1994 happened to be the week of mine and Kori's birthday so they put us together as companions. Due to various activities, she and I were never really together. I stayed one night by myself and then she stayed another night by herself.
Senior Year

After all these years, I still remember that event even though it was nothing spectacular. 

I ended being hired at the school I interviewed with and Beverly got reassigned to work at a different school so she and I have never crossed paths again. Several months later we were needing an ELL aid for the influx of English language learners at our school. Kori was hired and she and I became reacquainted as I recounted my remembrances of her.

Twenty-five years ago I never would have imagined that we would be working in the same little town, in the same little school. Life has a funny way of coming around again. You never know when or how your paths will intersect again.

**And for kicks I pulled out my other yearbooks because I really DO NOT like my senior picture. Too much pouf, ugly shirt, too much makeup. It just isn't me. 

Sophomore Year
Still the crazy permed hair, but a little longer.





Junior Year
And then my first year of college I had a photo taken at the request of my mother. Hair looked much better although I remember borrowing that shirt from my cousin's room whom I was staying with at the time. He was about 3 times as big as me. Maybe I didn't have anything decent to wear??

No comments: