04 February 2019

Best week of the mission so far

I had a super busy week for once. I went tracting for a couple hours on Saturday and that was it. We got a referral from a member. His name is Paul and taught 2 lessons already. We had another lesson with Anthony, we did 9 hours of service, and found 3 other super solid people. I also starred in a YouTube video.

Paul is super cool. He has a rocky past, but is great friends with a member and they've been working with him and hes doing come follow me with them. We taught him two lessons and I see him getting baptized pretty soon. 

We also had another lesson with Anthony that went well. He then cancelled our next appointment and we haven't heard from him since. He didn't get married yet. Maybe this week. We will contact him tonight and see what's up.

We also did nine hours of service. We did service for 4 hours at a food pantry. They loaded us up, so we didn't even need to go grocery shopping. We did 2 hours of taking leaves, 2 hours of digging up tree stumps in a lady's yard, and another hour for Paul moving a piano to his neighbors house. When you have service in a week, it makes it go by so much faster.

We found another guy that had talked to missionaries in the past and wanted to read the Book of Mormon. We also found a girl from Africa that says she just loves Jesus, but nobody wants to talk about Jesus with her. Fortunately for both of us, we also really like talking about Jesus. In fact, that's about all we do. We also taught a foster kid that's been coming to our church for almost a year. He says he isnt sure if the Book of Mormon is the word of God. He hadn't read it yet, though. We told him he wont know it is by talking to people or reading about it, but he needs to read it for himself. So he said he will. If he reads it and prays about it like we asked him to do, he will get baptized for sure.

There's a kid in my ward that is leaving for a mission and wanted to make a goodbye video because he has a YouTube channel. He asked us to be in it for a bit. I'm in it for about 1 second, but if you want to see it, his channel is Paper Melon on YouTube. It should be the most recent video (Goodbye YouTube; 4:13 into the video is Erik). 

We also had a dinner with a 2 yo girl with the biggest eyes I've ever seen. She will just stare at you too. And when you catch her staring at you, it doesn't even phase her. It is the creepiest thing ever. That family is so cool though.

That's about it for the week, I'm disappointed I wasn't at a wedding, but that's ok. No rush. Feel free to email me if you have any questions about anything. I love reading emails from people back home. My address is 1290 North Ridge Boulevard, Apartment 3521, Clermont, FL in case anyone needs it.

This week was fire. We found 4 new super solid people. 3 will probably be getting baptized eventually. I also get to go to Mauro's baptism this Saturday and see Elder Squires and give him a big ol hug. I also played tennis last Monday and we played a lot of pool and shuffleboard last night with the other Elders. Probably the best week of the mission so far. The Lord must love Elder Grant because I know I didn't do anything to deserve these blessings. 

No comments: