06 October 2018

October 2 Letter

This week was definitely one of the best weeks on my whole mission so far. Top 3 for sure. It really was a great week though. I don't know how I'd be surviving if it wasn't for my district. They are the coolest. We are very good at making jokes and having fun when there isn't a lot to do. 

I'll try to write a summary paragraph in every email in case you don't want to read the whole thing. Basically I spend my days making 6 hours of class time more interesting, Elder Johnsen and I had the most glorious feast on Fast Sunday, and taught an amazing lesson. 

We are in class 6 hours a day, which can get kind of boring. Not like the teachers are boring, they are amazing, but that's still a lot of class time. As you'll see from the pictures we try to keep them fun. My district is really good at making everything really fun, while also staying spiritual. 

Fast Sunday was an interesting day. I farted [I'm sure he meant fasted] from about 5 the night before until 4:30 on Sunday. We did a companion exchange so Elder Johnsen and I could go to dinner while everyone else went to choir. I know I should have gone to choir, but dinner was definitely the better option away the time. Anyway, we had 4 plates of food plus various side items. It was fantastic.

We finally had a really good lesson yesterday. We were teaching Tanner, a very talkative, fun, excited college kid. He was so excited to hear that we have a Book of Mormon that teaches us what God wants us to know, and that we can be taught personally by God through the Holy Ghost. The spirit was so strong in that room, it was amazing. 

Other things we did include my companion and I concecrating a container of oil for every Elder and Sister in our district, we went on a walk to the temple and took pictures, and I played basketball a lot which has been fun. Elder Hodges has also been sick all week which has been a little bit of a challenge, especially for him.

I also took a lot of pictures because I enjoy it. I'll send some of the best ones.

*Our whole district at the temple
*Elder Hodges and I with the sisters in our district

*Me with Elder Wintch, Elder Bailey, and Elder Anderson [these are all young men who graduated with Erik]

 *Hate fruit, known by primitive peoples as a banana, getting what it deserves
*Elder Hodges and I with Sister Rhoton and Sister Cobb

No comments: