11 October 2018

Erik's Hurricane Michael

When Erik opened his mission call to Florida, he mentioned that he hoped there might be a hurricane.

Well . . . 

Introducing Hurricane Michael

which made landfall two days after he arrived.

As his mom I might have been more concerned had he been stationed somewhere more northward. But Orlando didn't look like it would take the brunt. They might get some wind and rain.

He flew out early Monday morning, six hours before his Grandma and Grandpa Seamons arrived at the MTC to begin their mission. Oh how I was sad they missed each other by hours.

I was sitting at a conference Monday morning knowing he would try to call.

And he did. And my phone didn't even make a buzz. And oh how I was sad about that. I would have loved to have talked with him for a few minutes. Thankfully he got a hold of his dad right before he had to board.

The last news I've had from him is

"I made it!"

And "I'm in Florida. Flying was fun, the humidity is great. I eating dinner at the mission home right now. It's crock pot chicken, just like yours. Also the mission president is great. Anyway, this is the only email I can send for the week. Have you been able to access my google drive folder with the pictures? And tell Alex to check his email sometime. I love you, Elder Larry"

He really needs to proofread his emails.

I swear it's like Christmas around here all week. I can hardly wait for Monday.

No comments: