18 December 2014

Crazy warm December

The weather has been fabulously warm. Although I'm afraid my fruit trees are going to get a little confused and begin the budding process.

This was the other night, December 12th to be exact.

And today Tyler brought home a truckful of compost and started spreading it around the yard. I thought I was crazy last year when I mowed my lawn for the last time on December 1; but this year takes the cake.

I seriously am not complaining. I detest the cold in every way. It makes me want to burrow down in my bed and not surface for a good couple of months.

We did get a little snowfall a few days ago,

much to the delight of Ash and Alex who worked tirelessly to build any snowman they could.


He hasn't lasted long.

1 comment:

Jule said...

Ash,
You are such a dear princess and a wonderful big sister to go and play with the King! I wish I was there to help you build that snowman! Having "cold" snow sounds great about now! But the weather has been nice the last few days--not so hot! Love you!