11 December 2014

Christmas decorating

Cousins came to spend a few days with us while Jacob did his customary decorating of my house for Christmas. And as always it looks 100 times better than what I could have done. However, after he had worked his magic and I stood back one day to survey his work, I had remembrances of helping my mom put up decorations and the magic of the season that surrounded that little event. I felt a tinge of guilt for having taken away some of that from my children. They love to help decorate and it brings that spirit of Christmas into the home as they do it. 

I usually hang these advent stocking across our fireplace and fill them with a thought and a little green card that has something fun for us to do to celebrate Christmas.

This year I was purposefully being lazy as I waited for some new stockings to arrive in the mail. They arrived a few days after the start of the month and I hung them on our rail instead of across our fireplace. I love them!


When Erik asked about the stuff I put inside them, I decided to put him in charge and let him help. I didn't stress about needing to get it done and he got to feel a little of the Christmas magic.


Next year I've decided to make decorating more of an event instead of let's-get-it-done kind of thing. 

No comments: