12 December 2014

A different sort of train

Like I said, we had cousins at our house for a few days and for Alex, Christmas had come a little early. He loves his cousins and loves when they come to stay. One morning they pulled out the dinosaurs and proceeded to move them from the basement to the loft area . . . one at a time, in train formation and then back down again.



As I watched them play and create and make believe, the memories of Kiersten and Erik and Nate at that age crept into my subconscious. They too loved to make trains with their toys that wound all through the house.



Oh what I would give to go back to those years of young children. They are such fleeting moments that are gone in an instant.

1 comment:

Jule said...

Thanks for the Christmas memories! Christmas is about families and sharing and making memories! So fun to see the King with Tanner and I'm sure Logan near by! It reminds me of the time when Natalie use to string pony tails from the bathroom door to the hall closet and on to her room! There is something about putting things in a line--strange!