06 January 2014

Savings

I came across this fun little savings activity awhile ago on Facebook and actually did it this past year.


There were some months when our bonus check would come and I had to play catch up. But I have to say it was kind of fun to have an "extra" $1400 dollars at the end of year.

I wish I could say I did something fun with it like buy a treadmill or shelving or a fun get-away vacation, but with two kids in braces, Christmas, and debt to pay off, I think there is nothing left over. Actually now that I think about it, a good chunk of that went towards helping others with some Christmas cash and in my opinion that is the greatest fun you can have.

Beginning today I fully intend to do it again this next year, but I might switch it up and do it backwards. We are considering another Disneyland trip in a year and this would certainly help defray some of the cost.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I like the idea of doing it backwards. I think I will try that this year.