10 January 2014

Al's a winner

Every year our county newspaper hosts a coloring contest. Rather the merchants in the county submit a coloring page with their own rewards to the newspaper and the newspaper puts together a coloring book that is distributed to the elementary schools. It is then the kids' job to color however many they would like and turn them in by a certain deadline. The businesses then choose their winners and contact them.
We came home from grandma's house after Christmas to find a message for Alex from Papa Murphy's. He was the 2nd place winner in his age category and won a free one-topping pizza and cookie dough.
I did convince them to swap out a cookie dough for a cinnamon wheel because seriously, do you think we need more cookie dough?

That's everything we scored this Christmas. I think everyone know us too well . . . we like chocolate chip cookies. We even did a taste test to see which cookies were better, Pillsbury or Nestle?

Pillsbury had a better looking and tasting cookie; Nestle's cookie dough tasted better. Yes, I know we should not eat the batter. Frankly, I've been doing it for years and haven't died yet. It's definitely the best part of baking.

When we picked up the pizza they couldn't find Alex's coloring page anywhere. I was a little bummed. I really wanted to see what his page looked like since I'm sure it wasn't great. His coloring lately is to try his hardest to not stay in the lines and to use pretty much one color.

But who am I to critique. He won! And he was very excited about it.

1 comment: