03 December 2013

Lock down

Today marks three years that we've lived in Lake Point. I can't hardly believe that we've been here that long. Seems just like yesterday that we were moving in.

My neighbor called me this morning to ask if my kids went to Rose Springs Elementary  because apparently there was a lock down at that school. She told me that gun shots were fired at a house and that the house number was 745 Country Club. My brain started reeling and I told her, "We lived right by that house. Our house number was 6 . . ." and my mind went blank. "It was 6 something."

Well, I guess we've been away for awhile because I couldn't even remember my old address (and for the record it was 761, not 6 something).

Anyway, both elementary schools were in lock down along with the high school. I even called the high school to find out what was going on and the principal answered the phone on the second ring. We chatted for a minute and he assured me that things were under control . . . kids were not allowed in the halls and nobody was allowed in or out of the school. I hung up the phone quite impressed that I actually got through and was able to talk to someone who had some answers.

Kiersten was lucky enough to spend some extra quality time in biology and didn't get lunch until school was pretty much done for the day. 

Same with Nate and Ash . . . no lunch for quite awhile. In fact Nate, a 6th grader, got to eat with the 3rd and 4th graders and since the 4th graders got there last, they, not the 6th graders, got to take advantage of going back for seconds, something Nate relishes. He was a little miffed when he came home today about that particular aspect of his day. I swear that boy is going through a growth spurt. He can eat and eat and eat.

And to add to all the excitement, we got our first real, official snowstorm of the year, snow that is going to stick around because those dang Canadians love to blow their cold air our way [no offense Amber and Aaron, but I sure wouldn't mind if you kept the cold to yourself :)].

1 comment:

Ambs said...

haha It's about time my snow package arrived for you guys! That weather mail is so unreliable these days...