26 December 2013

Projects completed

I have found that with myself if I have things going on I tend to accomplish more. When life slows down, I slow down with it.

November and December can be two of my busiest times of the year (Oh, don't let me forget the month of May).

With Christmas looming, I had two BIG projects I wanted to complete. First was my blog book which I started two years ago. I finished that up the end of November and got to open it today and enjoy it.
I guess I wasn't the only one interested in it. Kiersten literally read it cover to cover, skipping some of the longer posts.
I was so happy with how it turned out and am starting another year which hopefully won't take two years to complete. This has become my new scrapbooking which I hated to do anyway. I love that Blurb has a copy of my book and I can print it again any time I want.

My second project was a slide show I wanted to do for Christmas Eve, starting a new tradition. That entailed getting a year's worth of photos organized which normally I do, but for some reason this year I fell seriously behind. I had so much fun putting Tyler's birthday slide show together that I decided to do the same with all our photos from this year. Early in the month I asked for everyone's favorite song. And of course they all wanted to know why. It took me up to the 23rd to get it done, but I did. After our Christmas Eve festivities at grandma's house, we came home and watched 2013 in Review. I actually added last Christmas Eve and Christmas Day photos at the beginning to get them excited about Christmas morning.

Again, I was so please with how this particular project turned out. Everyone was in agreement that we have a new Christmas Eve tradition.

* * * * *

As I'm writing this post, Alex came up to me and said, "Mom, it's nice to be home." I looked at him and asked if he liked home because I had absolutely no idea where that came from. Then he clarified, "Dusty says that all the time."

Oh boy! We're quoting movies now. His favorite movie right now is Planes. He could watch that over and over and sometimes does. Another favorite quote of his: "You make joke? You leave me no choice."

No comments: