18 August 2013

Summer: Our Manti trip

Well, lookee here. I found a post I never posted. Not quite sure why I never hit the publish button. Here ya go.

This is my temple. As a 9 year old I remember participating in the rededication of the Manti Temple and waving my white handkerchief.

Even though Tyler and I chose to be married in the Jordan River Temple (my favorite temple architecture), I received my endowments in this one, making it a special day since this is where I had been coming for many years to perform baptisms.

I wanted to share it with my kids and planned a trip with our Ruebush cousins to see the pageant and visit Capitol Reef National Park.

We found a house to stay at in Manti so we wouldn't be driving any long distance afterwards. For me this phone was the highlight. I was so excited to show my kids a rotary dial phone and even dialed my old phone number.

The pageant was great. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of production they've put in to it. The pageant script was the same as I remember as a kid, but the lighting and sound system was very much improved. We happened to be there the night of Joseph Smith's birthday, June 27. The audience all stood at the beginning and sang "Praise to the Man" which was a pretty cool experience.

Capitol Reef was very picturesque and HOT! We did manage a hike to see an arch and were so grateful we brought water, Powerade, and lots of sunscreen.
 
We stayed in Ferron that night and Grandma and Grandpa's pond never felt better.
 

No comments: