30 August 2013

Lake Point 5K

When I was signing everyone up for the Lake Point Days 5K race, I asked Ashlyn if she'd like to do the 1 mile or 5K.

5K all the way for her.

Until we got about a mile in and then complain, complain, complain.

Oh my, did her legs hurt.

I swear I ran half of the race backwards as I cajoled her along.

But that girl had tricks up her sleeve.

The last 100 yards she made a mad dash to the finish line making it look like I was the one holding her back.

Definitely was the worst race ever. I am not going to let her talk me into another 5K. It's the 1 mile for her next year.

Despite coming in almost last, she and I both received awards. Ash got one for being the youngest
and I took second (because there were only two runners in my age category).


Alex, on the other hand, had a great race. I didn't sign him up originally because I wasn't sure what he his demeanor might be that morning. But he was all gun-ho to run 1 mile.

As he crossed the finish line (last one to do it) he raised his hands up and yelled, "I WIN!"
**These photos were all pilfered since I seemed to have forgotten my camera that morning.

No comments: