06 August 2013

Our first meeting with a new pediatrician

I don't know what it is about us, but we seem to run pediatricians out of town.

After Ash hit her 5-year mark of being cancer free, I decided that maybe it was time to switch to a pediatrician who was a little closer instead of traveling to Salt Lake.

We really liked Dr. McMillan and was happy with her and happy that she was only a mile from our house.

But family circumstances dictated that she move.

Dr. Williams took her place and we also really liked her. But for whatever reason she too decided to leave only after being here a year.

I was beginning to see a trend. Both were female doctors making them a little more unstable if the need for a move arose.

So we are now trying out our third pediatrician in as many years. HE, however is male. I did a quick interview with him when I took Alex in and I think he's going to stick around.

Alex and I both really liked him.

When he came into the room, he started giving Alex high fives and talking to him. Dr. Rich asked him if Alex was his name.

Alex looked at him and defiantly told him, "NO!"

"It's King Alex."

Yep, that's what Grandpa calls him and I think it has stuck.

No comments: