20 August 2013

Four kids in three schools

My elementary kids (plus Alex)
Yesterday we got a call from the school informing us that Ashlyn has been moved to a different class, a 3rd grade/4th grade split and will have a new teacher. She handled the news okay, although I could tell she was a little nervous. I took her this morning so we could find her new classroom and new teacher. Honestly, Ms. Marshall looked a little unsettled herself. I hope it was just a case of first day jitters and that this whole situation will be a positive one.

Nate is the "big fish" this year entering the 6th grade.

Alex desperately wanted to go to school today after dropping Ash off at her class. So we came home and I got out a tracing page and had him trace lines and color them in as I made my traditional first-day-of-school cookies.

My high school "little fish" and jr. high "big fish" 
Kiersten started 9th grade; Erik is my other big fish starting 8th.

* * * * *

Rocky Mountain Cookies 
1 c. sugar 
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. butter, softened
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
2 c. flour
1 t. soda
¼ t. salt
½ t. baking powder
2 c. old-fashioned oats
2 c. Rice Crispies® cereal
6 oz. chocolate chips

In a large bowl, cream together sugars and butter. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well. Stir in flour, soda, salt, and baking powder. Fold in oats, cereal, and chocolate chips. Place by spoonful on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.

No comments: