02 November 2011

Playing dress up

Kiersten and her friends
They decided to raid the Halloween box one afternoon.

A ward Halloween party
I should have gotten a picture of myself since I NEVER dress up. Not that I did this year either, but it was a costume I had been waiting years to use after seeing my neighbor in Magna use it. I wrote numbers 1 through 35 on dot stickers and stuck them all over myself. No one knew what I was until they asked, and then I told them I was someone they could "count on." Ha, ha. Pretty clever.

Rhodes Bake 'N Serve luncheon and trick-or-treating
Aunt Katie invited us to Rhodes bread where she works in the human resource department. She works for an amazing company. Not only does she have a nice gym with personal trainers and a nutritionist, but a lot of offices either had bike racks with bikes in them or bars in their doorways to do pull ups or a treadmill work station where you can work on the computer as you walk or run. I guess for a food company they're doing their best to keep their employees fit. Their Halloween tradition is to invite all the family members to the building where the kids can trick-or-treat at all the offices (after we were done I saw no point to going out that evening) and then the fed us a most delicious lunch.


Halloween evening
Kiersten = She settled for little red riding hood and obviously didn't put much thought into her costume. I think next year is a party year and no trick-or-treating.
Erik = I can't even begin to describe what he might be. A crazy "flour"?
Nathan = I was happy he decided to be the pirate this year instead of Indiana Jones like he is every year. Notice I said the pirate instead of a pirate. It is definitely one of those revolving costumes that gets handed down through all the kids. In fact I made that cape when I was in college and my roommates and I crashed USU's Halloween Howl as the Five Musketeers.
Ashlyn = A Hawaiian bunny? You'll have to take a look at the pictures above because I apparently forgot to get a picture of her. Too many people going too many directions that night.

Alex = Just a cute little pumpkin. He wouldn't keep that hat on for anything and he wasn't too sure about the candy that was being thrown his way. Next year little buddy.

1 comment:

Ambs said...

Those are some hilarious costumes! haha I love the pirate one! Reminds me of our costumes growing up... I'm pretty sure they are all still in a box at my Mom's house.