05 July 2009

Laura Leary - My Amazing Mother-in-law

This is Laura when I joined the family:Then she was diagnosed with prediabetes and knew she needed to change her eating habits. She began eating more healthier and eventually started exercising. One day she told me she was running almost 3 miles every day. Her daughter, son-in-law, and I all persuaded her to sign up for the Ray Barrus Memorial 5K run on the 4th of July. So she did and completed the race without stopping. She came in first, being the only runner in her age division. WAY TO GO! She is a tremendous inspiration to me that when you set your mind to something, anything can happen. I sure do love her.

This is Laura today, after her first 5K:

1 comment:

mommaquincy said...

Wow! All I can say is "Wow"! I hope to be just like my big sister some day!