16 July 2009

I love Ty because . . .

he has my exceeded my expectations for the parking strip we've taken out.

Ninety feet of grass was just too much to mow (and edge every now and then). And the weeds were starting to encroach from the neighbor's yard. And the sprinklers weren't installed very well; therefore they didn't water like they should.

In the spring I announced that the summer project was the parking strip and that if it took me all summer to complete it, that would be okay. I didn't have high hopes to complete it quickly.
Ty helped get the grass out by renting a sod cutter. We put several signs around the neighborhood offering free sod and within three hours it was gone. What a blessing to not have to haul it away because it was HEAVY. I didn't expect Ty to help with much more. But almost every day he's been at it, moving dirt around, planting trees and bushes, rearranging the sprinkling system. The rain has also been a welcome blessing. I assumed I would be chiseling layers of clay until we had taken the entire strip down about four inches. Alas, the rain has kept the dirt soft.
What a great guy. He really stepped in and saw this project through to the very end. The finished masterpiece is just beautiful and I'm so excited about how much less I have to mow.

1 comment:

mommaquincy said...

I am impressed! He is a lot like his Uncle Richard apparently! It really looks nice!