12 July 2009

I'm grateful for . . .

1. Water. When that little stream into your house refuses to give of itself it makes one a little more grateful for the days it flows freely and abundantly. Last night no water came out of our taps. It happened suddenly and without warning. After an hour we got our water back when it was discovered that our sprinklers worked. Simply turning on and off a zone loosened whatever was causing our water difficulties. It sent me into emergency preparedness mode when I realized all the things we use water for. Thankfully I've got a little in storage, but maybe I could use some more.
2. Great neighbors who selflessly gave of their time this week in helping us move 11 tons of rock. There were 3 massive piles and within several hours we had it moved.
3. A healthy body that carried me up and over 6 miles of hills. I completed my first 10K that included part pavement and part trail. The last couple of miles I had a phantom runner behind me. She would catch up to me and then fall behind, catch up, fall behind. She literally kept me going that last mile. I did not want her to pass me. And she didn't. At the end of the race she told me I was her inspiration to keep going. We went camping to East Canyon and this race happened to start a 100 yards from our tent. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity and loved, LOVED running in the mountains early in the morning. There was no better way to start the day than to enjoy the beautiful, peaceful creations of God.

1 comment:

mommaquincy said...

Nice reminders of the truly blessed situation we live in!