27 February 2008

DONE!

Last month book club was at my house and therefore I got to choose the next book to read. I browsed my book shelves and found two that I had been wanting to read and hadn't yet. Cold Sassy Tree and At Home in Mitford. Several ladies had read both and so we settled on At Home in Mitford, a book about a preacher's daily life and how he cares for his parishioners. One of our book club attendees who had read it described it as a la, la, la book; a gentle, rolling book; and to don't expect a climax or plot. A good book to read after The Count of Monte Cristo.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! This book was 446 pages too long. It took me 250 pages to just get into it a little. And it took me a month to read. I might have read it faster if I had not known to not expect any kind of plot. It might have kept me trudging along hopping for something, anything to happen. Anyway, not my kind of book.

No comments: