14 January 2021

Exchanges and Eli

This week we had an awesome training by Elder Wong, a General Authority, on coordinating with the ward more. I also went on an exchange with my district leader, and we put someone on date for baptism!

Elder Wong was super cool. He had some great insights, but a few times he called out some companionships who answered questions and gave them some very personal advice in front of the whole mission. He told one companionship to go reread their patriarchal blessings because they had a future in church leadership and we just kind of sat there wondering what was going on, but it was super cool.

My exchange was fun, and also, in Spanish. Turns out if your district leader is in a Spanish area one of you gets to speak Spanish for the day. Well, try to speak it anyway. I read the Book of Mormon in Spanish during my study and said a lot of prayers in Spanish. I even ended up giving one in a lesson and bearing a simple testimony at the end. It was a lot of fun, although I really didn't understand much of what was said.

Lastly, we put someone on date, although they're not really committed. They grew up religious, and have a big issue with our claim to Priesthood authority. We talked about acting in faith and setting a date, and promised that he would get an answer to his prayers if he did so. Please pray for him, his name is Eli.

I know that this is the Lord's work, that He loves each of you, and that He blesses us with feelings of His life and of peace through the Holy Ghost. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

All my love,
Elder Leary 

No comments: