18 October 2019

The Manitou Incline

Ummm . . . my last post about hiking had me searching for my post about my last big hike we did in Colorado. The Manitou Incline.

It wasn't there.

I searched and searched and searched.

And finally I realized that I never documented it anywhere else besides Facebook land.

That hike was a crazy hike too. Not as long but just as intense.


For spring break we headed to Denver to recreate another time we had gone when Alex wasn't in the picture. However, this hike was new. Tyler and Alex stayed behind while the rest of us set out to tackle a hard thing.

2744 steps. 2000 foot elevation increase. 1 mile up. 75 minutes. Slow and steady put us on top of the world.


That vacation also took us to a fun park called Bananas,


the Denver Mint,

and the Zoo.

We watched some March Madness,

discovered a cute bookstore to rival Powell's in Portland,

and celebrated Ashlyn's birthday, something that's happened a few times over spring break. We even made sure she had her celebratory ding dong "cake."


No comments: