27 October 2019

Mission Time Works Exponentially

The longer I'm out here the more I realize that missions are not very long and I really need to make the most of mine. I hit 13 months without even realizing it. I still feel like I'm about to hit my year mark and here I am at 13 months. 
     
This week I had the opportunity to go to UCF and table there, which is basically where you set up a booth in a main area and talk to people as they walk by. It was pretty fun just being able tk talk to a lot of different people in such a short amount of time. One thing I have really had to learn on my mission is how to talk and converse with random people you have never met. UCF was fun. 

We had quite a big change this week in how we do missionary work. I basically am going to have to relearn everything. I'm used to going out and knocking doors and finding people to teach every day. They now want us to put almost all our focus on the people we have already found. That means a lot more planning. Instead of 30 minutes of planning per day we have been using about 1.5 hours. We go through everyone we are teaching and figure out how we can help them that day, and then do it. I think with this new focus we will see a lot more of the people we teach progress quicker. I'm excited to see what happens. 
     
The other fun thing from this week has been posting Facebook stories. Our zone has been using Facebook for a transfer now, and it's hard posting things about the gospel that people will actually take time to take in and apply to their lives. I've been making short, entertaining video clips and posting them on my story each day. They are centered on the Book of Mormon. They have been a huge success, people we teach keep reaching out and saying they enjoy them, and some of their hearts have been softened towards the Book of Mormon. I'm very grateful for Facebook, it keeps life interesting, at least for me. 
     
That's all for this week. We also got transfer news, and Elder DeMoux and I are staying together for another transfer in Sanford. Lots of changes in the zone, though. Should be a good transfer. Catch you all next week. 

No comments: