17 October 2019

I conquered a mountain

For nine years I've looked out my window at those TV towers and put it on my bucket list to hike to them some day.

That day came last Saturday.

It was a chilly 28 degrees when we started our 9.5 mile hike up and back (about 4000 feet elevation gain).

I won't lie. It wasn't an easy hike. I can commiserate with these two after they attempted this hike back in 2012 and didn't quite make it.

My body ached for several days and the recovery was worse than after any of my half marathons.

On the way back down I was comparing it to childbirth to one of my hiking buddies: I was sure I never wanted to do that hike again, but give me some recovery time and I knew I'd be looking out my window wondering when my next chance would come.

Was it worth it?
Salt Lake Valley
My neighborhood

Definitely. Sitting at 9054 gives you a whole different perspective.

The views were amazzzing. I loved being able to stand on the ridge and see the Salt Lake Valley on one side and the Tooele Valley on the other. So, so cool.


No comments: