24 December 2018

Not gonna lie

You may think my life revolves around a missionary and school. At least that's what my blog posts will tell you.

Well . . . 

You'd probably be right.

I love my missionary Mondays.

Today I got to spend a good portion of the day emailing back and forth. I don't normally get to do that. And it's a good thing I did.

I sent him a bundt pan via Amazon Prime a month ago. His favorite is our Christmas morning rolls we make, so I figured he could make them there and feel like he's at home a little. Then I sent his Christmas package with a few ingredients to make his rolls, the recipe, and some cash to buy the rest.


Um, did you notice where he said he was going to BAKE the PLASTIC WRAP!!!

That would have been a disaster.



Anyway, there are other things happening besides just Erik and 2nd Grade.

Nate started working at McDonalds. He's working the grill and hasn't had too many burns yet. He's busy hanging out with friends, performing in orchestra concerts, practicing tennis, and running. He's about half way through his hard year of being a junior, and obviously too cool to smile when dressed in his work gear.

Ash was selected to be the student of the month by her English teacher. I made it to the little ceremony but my phone is slowly giving up the ghost and decided to take a breather. So no photos while there. I had to get them at home. She also is very busy with friends . . . like just about every weekend hanging out somewhere.


Alex entered four pictures in  our local newspaper coloring contest and won prizes for two out of the four. It must pay to take your time and do a good job. He also getting ready to start his first season of Junior Jazz. He takes his basketball to school every day to practice and play.

Tyler is busy bringing home some of the bacon from Wells Fargo and planting bushes in December. I know the neighbors think he is crazy. Once that gardening gets in your blood, it's hard to take the time off when the weather warms up in winter.


And I'm getting ready to finish up my classes for licensing. Three more classes. I'm headed in to the craziest four months of my life I'm afraid. Just keep swimming. That light is at the end of the tunnel.

We were also gifted a bouquet of Christmas flowers anonymously. The delivery lady showed up and a card that simply said, "Thinking of you. Merry Christmas." Our family is so good at being Christmas ninjas. I hate it when the tables are turned on me. Whomever it was, we are so grateful and loving their beauty.

No comments: