26 December 2018

December 17 and 24 Letters

December 17
Not Much to Say

We did a whole lot of tracting and contacting former investigators this week. The one bright spot was Mauro now is getting baptized! We had a great lesson and we invited him to be baptized on the 19 of January. He was so excited, and his wife was even more excited. She has been talking about getting sealed to him since we first started teaching them, and so he was excited for that too.

I also had Chic-fil-a for the first time this week. When they heard I had never been, my entire district said we had to go. Then they watched me eat it to see my reaction. I guess it was pretty good, but it is way overhyped. 

We also had to bike all week. We technically share a car with some sisters in the other Palm Bay 1 ward, but they use all the miles every time they have the car, so even when we have it we can't use it. I probably biked 70 miles this week. I got a pretty nice bike, so it wasn't bad. It helps me stay fit I guess.

If any of you are wondering what a typical meal for me would be, here's my normal breakfast and lunch. For breakfast, I either eat Cocoa Pebbles, or I eat a burrito with scrambled eggs, pepper jack cheese, ham, and sriracha. Those burritos are amazing. For lunch I either eat a pb and j and nutella sandwich, which is amazing btw,  or a ham sandwich. I also have some frozen Totinos pizzas that I eat occasionally. I thought I would get sick of that food after a little bit, but I still love my burritos and PB and J's. Maybe in a few months I'll find something else to eat.

The last thing that's pretty interesting is we are teaching a former investigator that is kind of homeless but living out of a hotel right now, and we're teaching his friend who just got out of 17 years in prison last week. They are both reading the Book of Mormon and coming to church though. They are awesome!

Merry Christmas!



December 24
Krismis!

Its Christmas! We had an unusual week. Monday was P Day, Tuesday we biked for 4 hours to a lesson outside of our area, Wednesday was a normal day, Thursday we had district meeting and were gone almost all day getting an oil change and other stuff, Friday we were gone all day at a Christmas devotional, Saturday was another normal day, and yesterday we had a ward Christmas get together and we were visiting members all day. 

We had a lesson with a lady we found named Deborah. She had read the restoration pamphlet we gave her and she read it and said she believed it. She also said she read the entire Book of Mormon. She said she believed everything in the introduction and that Jesus Christ visited the Americas. It was awesome. Nooooobody says they'll read the entire Book of Mormon and nobody keeps commitments, but Deborah is awesome.

The ward I'm in is also amazing. I got about 10 Christmas presents from members at church yesterday. We are very grateful for them. 

On Saturday we got to have a dinner with a member family and 2 other nonmember families. We had a hit dog roast and watched the nativity on a projector. It was really fun and the nonmembers might want to take lessons. The only problem is they are in the other ward's area so we would have to give them to the other missionaries. 

Sorry if this email is a little choppy, I didnt have much time to write it. Good week overall, and I'm excited for Christmas. Merry Christmas ya'll! 

*He's really into making these ties. So we asked him about that on our phone call and apparently they like to hang out at some fabric stores and buy fun fabric. His trainer taught him how to make ties without using a sewing machine. This one is his favorite and apparently a favorite of several other missionaries. So he's going to make them one too.

No comments: