15 December 2018

December 3 Letter

Can you tell I'm having a wee bit of a time trying to keep up. Elder Leary got his package so now he's got a Christmas tree for his apartment.


I shipped out his Christmas package today, so hopefully on Wednesday he'll have some presents to put under that tree.
 


His presents had our traditional Santa math tags. Hopefully they will make him feel like he's at a home a little. Only 10 more days until we get to talk to him!

He was also busy this week putting together a Primary nativity.


December 3
It's been a long week. We had some good lessons and cool experiences, some not so good ones, and some cancelled. I'll start with the bad.

We had a lesson with a family with 2 daughters that want to get baptized and a dad that wont let them. We had s great lesson yesterday and invited them to be baptized and they said yes. Long story shirt though, the dad said they couldn't and now we dont really know how to proceed. We're going to keep in contact with the dad and address some of his concerns. It's kind of a terrible scenario for the whole family. Oh well, we'll figure it out. 

We also had an awesome lesson with Sister Villamil, an inactive member and her nonmember husband. It went awesome and we're hoping to invite him to be baptized this week. 

We had a cool experience with them. That morning so I was leaving I had the impression to grab a Spanish Book of Mormon. I never have them or need them. Anyway, I didn't have room for them in my bag. I had been having problems with my bike tire deflating, so I had a bike pump in my bag. I decided to take it out of my bag and put in the Book of Mormon instead. All day long, I never needed to use it so I was pretty confused. The last thing we did that night was go to our appointment. We're found out that they had lost their Book of Mormon and so I have her one and her husband wanted one too. I have one too him and he said he can only read in Spanish. He speaks English pretty well but I guess he can't read it. I was like hey, I have a Spanish one! So that was pretty cool. 
     
We had 5 appointments cancel this week, and 3 in one day. That means we did a lot of tracting. We didn't find a single person until Sunday night though. Sometimes nobody ever wants to hear what you have to say. Oh well, next week will be better. 

We also saw lots of cool reptiles this week. We saw hundreds of lizards,

a gecko, a WILD IGUANA,

and a man caught a black racer snake.

No comments: