13 April 2017

Erik's Junior Prom

Erik was pretty sure he didn't want to go to prom or at least he was thinking about it.

After he was done thinking about it, he asked Hannah Steinagel, our cute neighbor up the street.



There was bowling, lunch, and then dinner at the dance studio

before heading off to promenade. I've got to talk to that boy about how you offer your arm to a lady. You don't drag them down the stairs.


Courtesy of Claudia Jackson
This prom was a lot more stressful than Kiersten's.

Good gravy (yes, I do make good gravy!), how do you get this guy to be serious about anything when he's making poses like that :)

The stress with Kiersten came in finding a dress. That part was easy with Erik. Getting him to communicate with his buddies about what they were going do and what they wanted to do with dinner was torturous. I finally gave him some options for dinner that he presented and we had a plan. I'd do the roast, gravy, and rolls. The other moms would pitch in with the other stuff.

Dinner was simple to keep costs down. The fact that they charge them $40 to get into the dance is ridiculous (and then Tyler and I had to pay $10 to just get in a watch). I understand it's at the capitol building . . . BUT really.

By the time they rent a tux, date, corsage, dinner. It gets pricey. I'd rather he were saving his money. I paid for the tux and half of his ticket which about equaled what I spent on Kiersten's dress and Erik paid for the rest.

Ashlyn and her friend Allie also talked non-stop for three days about how they were going to get to serve dinner to the 5 couples. Oh, were they were giddy with excitement.

It reminded me of the days when I was that age and we would get asked to help serve at wedding receptions. That's something they just don't seem to do anymore.

Ah, two down. Three to go. It really is a fun time of life. I am enjoying every day knowing they are getting fewer and fewer.

These are the days of . . . 
*SNOW! Yes, we woke up to snow this morning. I'm hoping my peach blossoms survive. I think they will as long as it doesn't get cold.

*Feeling like a yo-yo. I spend hours looking at houses in a city we could potentially relocate too, only to have it not work out. The latest is CUNA Mutual has a position in Atlanta that could very well work out. We are now talking about renting our home. There is also a job interview with MassMutual here in SLC tomorrow.

No comments: