03 November 2016

When life hands you a lemon . . .

It's been two weeks since news of our job loss was announced, and I am so in awe at the many good, thoughtful people I am surrounded by.

Last week an acquaintance from church stopped by with a potted bulb to brighten up my day. She could tell that the Sunday before I was struggling. What remarkable kindness. Her sweet gesture will be something I'll always remember.
































My brother-in-law on my side of the family called Tyler the other day, asking how he was doing. His concern meant a lot to Ty.

Today, my relief society president dropped a 25 pound bag of flour off on my doorstep. Her family has recently been diagnosed with allergies to gluten and can no longer use it. What generosity. I'm sure there are a myriad of others who could use it more than we. I also love that she is staying true to her Lake Point heritage and buying "peacock" flour :) Anyone who visits our little town will know that peacocks are our trademark by the many that roost in the trees and roam the streets freely.

I also received 4 different text messages today asking how I was doing in addition to my dad checking on us and along with many Facebook messages.

I am so blessed to know so many good-to-the-bone people. May I always remember to be more like them.

These are the days of . . . 
*a new job for Kiersten -- working at McDonald's
*a new job for Erik -- he quit Hometown Pizza and his crazy manager to try Del Taco
*candy, LOTS of Halloween candy
*straight A's for all our kids

1 comment:

laura said...

straight A's for all our kids is amazing