25 November 2016

Time Out for Women

Several months ago I had a friend ask me about attending Time Out for Women. I've been once before and have loved going to Education Week and Women's Conference. And how fun it would be to go with Kiersten also. My friend signed both of us up.

It  came at a much needed time in my life where I was needing a little lifting and reprieve from the burdens of life.

I came home feeling my load lighter, not that anything has changed, but that my spirit and hope had been re-energized. There was a lot of laughter, a lot of tears, a lot of song, a lot of good feelings. Love those endorphins.

Some of my highlights:

*God sends messages in ways that are so personal to each of us in our own language
*When you choose God, you will never be the same -- MICHAEL MCLEAN (my favorite speaker)

*You're gonna need some faith in the middle to keep you moving forward -- HILARY WEEKS (really needed this)

*Celebrate the everyday miracles
*Assume the best
*Never hold back a compliment

*God does not answer our prayers the way we want. He answers them better -- always better -- ALISSA PARKER (lost a daughter at Sandy Hook Elementary)

*Church is a support group for Christians

*God will give us 6 goods before giving us the very good
*Jesus is always looking up and seeing people -- S. MICHAEL WILCOX

*We get so concerned with the beginnings and endings that our middles are a little restless -- MERCY RIVER

*Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

*There is a difference between God allowing things to happen to us and willing things to happen -- LAUREL DAY

*Sometimes following the spirit makes us uncomfortable -- LISA VALENTINE CLARK

This last one reminded me of some advice given to me from my wonderful bishop:


Periodically we are allowed to see the wisdom in the test. One thing I know: this life is about growth more than it is about safety, security, recreation, or control. In fact, growth often only comes when we lose safety, security, and control.

These are the days of . . . 
*pie and thanksgiving -- the one thing I am most grateful for this season is the gift of prayer


*waiting -- those boys above are waiting for pie (so glad Linda snapped this picture) and we are waiting for job interview results

*Alex and George, his side-kick stuffed monkey

No comments: