29 May 2016

Summer has arrived

It was such beautiful Sabbath day that we all walked to church. The kids took the wagon home at the end of church which had my flip flops. No biggie. I walked home barefoot because walking that far in heels bothers my arches. There's a story that's widely circulated about dropping a frog in boiling water and he'll jump right out. Put in a pan of cold water and slowly heat it up and you'll cook him. Well the same principle happened with my feet. I was loving having no shoes on and the feel of the road on my feet. It was only when I got to our neighborhood that I noticed they started to get a little hot so I simply walked faster. I now have a blister or two on the bottom of my feet. No running for me in the next couple of days while they heal.

Ah summer is here and we all couldn't be a little excited, especially the momma. But you know that come August I'll be celebrating the beginning of school. For now though, I'll relish in no morning alarms and a slower pace.

I think I'm most excited that we are past the kindergarten phase. I rather detest that mid-day interruption although Tyler had his fair share this year of putting Alex on the bus. Kindergarten was a success.





My visiting teachers left me a fun bucket for summer survival. How cute is that.

Kiersten turned 17



and Erik is now legal to date and drive.


However, the deal is he has to have all his eagle scout paperwork turned in with an eagle court date before he can get his license. How bad does he want that driver's license? We'll see. He's been applying for jobs and has an interview tomorrow with Carl's Jr. He didn't really want a big party to celebrate just a few people over to play basketball.


Since Grandma was in town we celebrated three birthdays that included hers and Alex's graduation.


Remember that Kangaroo Math competition Ash and Nate participated in back in March? Well, that's been long gone from my brain until I got an email informing us that Nate has won first in his age group in the state of Utah. Pretty impressive. His cousin Colin also took home some awards from the same test. So maybe it's back on the table. We'll see when next year rolls around.


Nate also got some awards from junior high for straight A's for the past two years. The funniest award of the night went to a student who achieved perfect attendance but wasn't in school that day to accept their award :)


Good things
bbc movies
fitbit
weed diggers

No comments: