05 June 2016

Lazy Lazy

Wowers! I was so not motivated to do anything last week. Summer break hit and I loved it. I read a lot and worked in the yard a lot.

But cleaning the house? Ya, didn't really happen. Piano lessons? Those didn't happen either. Meals? My poor kids starved. Tyler and I did self-diagnose and fix our geothermal unit that quit working on Friday and Saturday. That's always a nice feeling knowing you're not putting money towards a service call.

This coming week may not be much better. We are hosting our yard in the annual Tooele Garden Tour on Saturday.

No pressure to get our yard looking somewhat decent, but I think we've come a long ways with a long ways more to go.

Seriously, I'm not stressed. Any true gardener knows that gardening is never done.

You're always changing and tweaking things.

Our yard will always be in constant motion. 

Our biggest accomplishment this year has been the weeds. We've been here 6 years and are just feeling like we've got a handle on the weed control.

One of Tyler's biggest accomplishments was learning how to do masonry work. When a bid came back to fix our stone walls that was simply outrageous, Ty figured he could save some money and figure it out himself. And he did. I'm quite proud of him for that.


And now for something totally unrelated. Or maybe two. Nate and Kiersten have started summer running miles. Nate wants to run 500 and Kiersten is 700 or 750. Anyway, Nate was complaining one day about what he was eating and told us how it was going to give him crappy runs. I know he had know idea how funny it sounded, but Tyler and I could not contain ourselves. I'm afraid it's one of those sayings that will go around our family for many years.

Alex came out of the bathroom after his bath only wearing his towel last night and told Kiersten how people used to dress like that in the 1900s or the 1800s or maybe it was the 1600s.

I love kids and their humor.

Good things
air conditioning
fresh garden strawberries and peas
sprinkler system

No comments: