11 May 2016

Birthing a kidney stone

I'm two months into my 40th year and my body is holding onto its weight, sprouting forth gray hairs, and birthing kidney stones.

Not exactly how I imagined turning 40 to be.

It's been four weeks since I endured the most painful three hours. It was worse than actual labor simply because I didn't know if it was ever going to end. I woke up feeling great, accepted a subbing job at the high school, and went to the early morning Seminary morningside. Towards the end I started getting a side ache and feeling nauseous. I was hoping I just needed to sit differently or stand. I ended up at the high school but lasted only 10 minutes before I had to call it quits. I was certain that going home to lie down would definitely help.

Nothing helped. I couldn't relieve the pain no matter what position I was in. I self-diagnosed myself as I groaned and writhed on the floor. I was about 10 minutes away from being whisked away to the emergency room when either the Loritab I took finally kicked in or that stone made its way to my bladder. Whatever caused the pain to subside, I knew I didn't want to move from the floor and ended up napping a little.

Later at my appointment with the PA, he confirmed that I most likely had a kidney stone. He prescribed more Loritab and I faithfully carry them with me. It scares me to think about being caught unawares again without them.

However, my birthday itself was fantastic. It began a little early in February when I was sitting at my desk at the end of a subbing day, catching up on stuff. I noticed my sister's van drive up and wondered if there was a party happening that I was unaware of.

It was a heist and I was the prize. I was whisked away on a girls-night-out party.


Mexican for dinner.


Dance party at Angie's.

Sleepover and breakfast.

DI shopping the next day.

My mom and sisters and daughters are the best. They sure know how to make a girl feel loved.


Good things
vegetable garden
flowers in my pots
crickets

No comments: