21 December 2015

Liquid gold

Our gift giving has commenced. Grandma and Grandpa came bearing gifts and stayed for a visit to watch Kiersten's orchestra performance.

They may not have brought frankincense or myrrh, but gold in the liquid form is pretty good stuff. Grandpa's bees bit the dust while they were away proselyting and left behind a glut of honey; we were the lucky recipients.

Shrieks of pure joy filled our house when the kids opened their box to find loaves of white bread. Um, Tyler and I have been spending too much if all it takes is a loaf of white bread to make them happy. I'm not a fan of white bread and therefore I don't buy it. So anytime it ends up in our house, my kids are in heaven . . . or when someone other than Erik brings the sacrament bread.

And what does Santa do with a letter like this:

It reminded me of the little story about the man who began praying for God to stop his fall as he was slipping off the roof. A nail caught hold of his pants, stopping him. He continued his prayer saying, "Never mind. I took care of it myself."

Never mind, Santa. Seems I don't need that calculator after all. Don't you think a smart kid would take care of his stuff so he wouldn't constantly have to ask for replacements. Notice the nice jacket item on there also? Yep. He can never quite seem to take care of his sweatshirts either. Well, the suspense has been building. Will Santa notice the change or not? Come Christmas morning I guess we'll find out.

No comments: