30 November 2015

Thanksgivings from the past

As I was blogging about Thanksgiving this year, I started browsing through old photos and came across a few from Thanksgivings in the past.

These next two were from 1984 at my Grandma Seamons home in Hyde Park. I would have been 8 going on 9. My two favorite cousins were Craig (#82) and Stephanie (sitting next to him). All three of us were the oldest in our families and were born within 9 months of each other.


My Grandma and Grandpa DeLaMare came to our home that year (1988). This was taken in our old home in Ferron. The dining was quite small. Two extra guests were probably all that we could squeeze in.


1992. We hosted Thanksgiving by ourselves this year. Natalie was just a baby. We had purchased the lot for our new home and were making preparations to start building. Same small dining room but some of the decor has changed. The blue, vertical, hanging thing was a gift from me. Lucky mom :)


First Thanksgiving in our new home (1994). Loie Beach was our guest, an elderly lady from Ferron. My dad has always had a soft spot for the elderly, the crippled. I remember visiting the nursing home for family home evening one Monday night. There was a gentleman living there by the name of Dee. He had no teeth but his smile was a mile long. I watched my dad hug him and love him and talk with him. Being the shy, awkward, insecure teenager that I was, I kind of shied away from him. It's a moment I will always remember and I regret that I was not more confident in my association with people.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Miss, I think you are the writer in the family! Loved reading this post and seeing the pictures. :-)