01 November 2015

An October wrap-up

I know life is crazy when I only manage to squeeze out three blog posts. May was the same. October should not be that way but for some reason it was. Maybe it's that my children are out of school for almost an entire week . . . two days here and two days there and I seem to think we need to do something, anything. I've just been feeling like I need to wring out every opportunity I have with them as time just ticks on. Kiersten will be flying the coop before I know it.

Her friend Rachel came over to spend conference with us. I love that she feels comfortable enough with us to come over. They've know each other for ten years and, despite our move to Lake Point, have remained really good friends.

Kiersten's friend Marybeth has been her running partner at cross country. They happen to run about the same pace and became fast friends. However, Marybeth really is flying the coop this year and Kiersten's already feeling a little lost for next year's cross country season.

And I should mention that the girls cross country team took state this year. To celebrate, they got to ride a fire truck and throw out candy to the school.



It's been an awesome season with races and pasta parties.

 I love that this team prays before they race. How awesome are these girls that they take time to remember their God who has given them so much and ask him to help them perform well.

This little boy was the Super Star in his class. When asked questions for his questionnaire, he responded that God was his hero. Gotta love that boy! And no, he was not prompted.


His older brother was also nominated by his P.E. teacher for student of the month. Mr. Vickers said: "Nate is a great kid to have in class. He always works hard and is enthusiastic in all he does. He helps me and other students in class and after. He's not afraid to try new things and has fun doing anything. Even out of class he always does his best and has a great positive attitude."


For UEA break I was really hoping to get to go the cabin, but sadly it was already taken. Instead we met up with cousins and visited the Bean Museum on BYU campus and sampled their ice cream. Then it was off to Bridal Veil Falls and a picnic. And the one thing they all wanted to do was a corn maze which ended our rather fun day. Having cousins to hang with made our day off much more enjoyable.




No comments: