12 April 2015

Go Forth in Faith


I think our stake president was inspired with his message he gave the youth of our ward about a month ago at youth fireside in conjunction with our ward conference. He's in our ward and knows many of the youth and knows we have many, especially young women, who are graduating and leaving home.

In a world with so much uncertainty, it can be a little daunting. I've also told my Laurels that they are on the cusp of so many important decisions. I find it a little ironic that the Lord would have young people who are still growing and maturing make such life-altering decisions such as marriage and career and missions. This much I do know is when we put our faith and trust in him and use the Holy Ghost for personal revelation, things always work out.

President Child had the group read 1 Nephi 4:5-6 and part of 7, prefacing that Nephi and his brothers were trying to retrieve the brass plates from Laban.
5 And it was by night; and I caused that they should hide themselves without the walls. And after they had hid themselves, I, Nephi, crept into the city and went forth towards the house of Laban.
 6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do. 
 7 Nevertheless I went forth . . . 
Nephi did not know what the plan was for him, but he went forth anyway. Like Nephi there are times when we must also go forth with faith, not knowing what lies ahead. The Lord knows and he will be our light and guide if we let him. 

I loved that advice he gave. And in this month's Ensign there is an article titled Go Forth in Faith with that same advice . . . when we are living worthily and our choice is consistent with the Savior's teachings and we have done all we can, it's time to act, act in faith. The Lord won't let you go too far down the wrong path without letting you know. And when those feelings of discomfort and unrest come, you know it's time for a course correction.

No comments: